Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Protein Packed Sweet Potato Oatmeal (Baked)

Oatmeal is a nice, filling, breakfast that you can make ahead of time. You can really get a lot of variety out of it, too. I am partial to putting apples or blueberries in it but this time I opted to try something I kept seeing circulating around Pinterest...sweet potato oatmeal!

This recipe is based on another one I found here. I added a bit more protein and, since I don't have individual baking dishes, made enough that I could bake it in a bread pan and get a few meals out of it.

Servings: 3

Ingredients:

1 cup quick oats
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1 cup milk
1 cup sweet potato puree (tip: after cooking sweet potato I like to puree with a hand blender. I think it comes out best that way)
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbs maple syrup

1. Set oven to 350. Grease a bread pan.
2. Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl.
Dry ingredients...
Wet ingredients


3. Fold wet ingredients to dry. Mix thoroughly and pour into dish. 
                                    
4. Bake for 25 minutes, or until set.
I dug in before I took a picture. Oopsy.

Top with your favorite toppings--I like cranberries and walnuts!



No comments:

Post a Comment